Hi, my name is Gianpaolo and I am an unconventional engineer based in Florence, Italy.
I am a Project Manager for Digital Communications: I plan, develop and manage strategies to create interactive experiences across digital platforms.
I am currently Head of Communications at Polimoda, one of the most renowned schools in the world for business, design and communications in the field of fashion.
If you want to know more about me, you can visit my Linkedin profile.
My favorite specialties
Project Management, Creative Direction, Web Design & Development, Information Architecture, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Digital Communication, Social Media, Content Curation & Strategy, Lecturing, Education Management, Design Thinking, Multimedia, Sound Design, Music.
My career timeline
- 2016 – current: Head of Communications at Polimoda
- 2014 – 2016: Freelance, Creative Technologist
- 2000 – 2014: Contract researcher, MICC – Media Integration and Communication Centre, University of Florence, Italy
- 2007 – 2009: Founder, Red Noodles – web startup, Florence, Italy
- 2004 – 2007: Freelance, Web developer, Florence, Italy
They call it formal education
- 2001 — 2004: PhD in Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering, University of Florence, Italy
- 1998 — 1999: Master’s degree, Master’s in Multimedia Content Design, University of Florence, Italy
- 1992 — 1998: Degree (5 year) in Telecommunications Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Florence, Italy
Some companies I had the honor to work with
University of Florence, MySpace Italy, Unit9, Holler London, RAI – Radio Televisione Italiana, Regione Toscana, Provincia di Firenze, Florence Airport, Catoni Associati, Space, Prospect Design UK, Polimoda, IED.